Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Catch Up & Monday

DH and I stayed up way to late on Saturday night. He got home from taking the girls out and we talked and watched TV for a while and decided it was time for bed. I woke up at my usual time in the morning and came down stairs read the newspaper, got on the computer and started to not feel so well. So since everyone was still in bed, Remember Coco, Kyle and Talmage were still up north. I decided to go back to be for a while. Then what seemed like just a little while there was a knock on our door and it was Dallas needing some medicine but we looked at the clock it was 9:45. BOY when I sleep in I really sleep in. I am not a night owl anymore. We went to church and were spiritually filled. I love singing the Christmas songs other than I lost my hearing again in my right ear so my voice was what I felt way off so I lip sang the words. In RS they continued with the lesson from last week and it was a very good lesson. Much crying and bearing of testimonies. We came home from church and Coco, Kyle and Talmage had decided to come home early because they missed us! NOT REALLY!! Talmage was having a hard time breathing in the altitude with his stuffy nose so they came home.
On Sunday evening there was First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It was so beautiful. I love the music, with the orchestra playing. The harp was my favorite to watch. What talent these people have. The voices of the MTC were that of what I think angles would sound like. They had up by the podium decorated to look like they were sitting by a fireplace in comfy red chairs and 2 huge, gorgeous trees decorated behind them. Then there were poinsettias all over and lights on trees. I am always in awe over the beauty of the building when it is decorated for Christmas. The talks were so wonderful and touching. I was in tears as President Monson talked about being at a nursing home and visiting. If you missed it I am so sorry, It was great. It truely brought the true meaning of Christmas and Christ's birth of his humble beginnings and that we need to be humble in our lives. WOW! I think even those not of my faith would have enjoyed the messages.
Last night went as most nights go. Busy getting things ready for Monday. Today I have putted around the house after the girls left for school. Alan and I worked on a couple of projects then Coco and I went to Michael's . They are having some fantastic sales on stocking stuffers and most of the Christmas items are on sale too.
When we got home Alan and Kyle had been working on getting the backyard cleaned up and we got this set up. I did a little bit but this puppy is heavy so I am really not much help.

Alan and Kyle did most of the work getting this in place I am a great boss. he he This is my 12 Ft. tree and it has a 7 Ft. base, I love this tree. I am not sure what I am decorating it in this year I have to look and see what I have available. So I have a l0t of work to do and dinner to make, FHE to have and other things to finish up so I better get off the computer and get to work. Have a great evening. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

1 comment:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Bobbi Jo...what a beautiful 12 foot tree! I can't wait to see it decorated! My hubby has been wanting to get one for our living room since we have 17 foot ceilings. We have a 9 1/2 feet and the kids have a fit when we talk about getting a new one! I'm looking forward to seeing yours decorated!

Have a great evening!
Tammy