Saturday, December 27, 2008

Turkey TIP

I know another post! I forgot to put this on an early post. I made turkey Christmas day and tried a new way of cooking it. OH MY GOODNESS and YUMMINESS!!! A while back I was watching the FOOD TV and saw a program about this little town called Turkeyville. The couple started a restaurant a long time ago that serves turkey dinners and other turkey dishes 365 days a year. The man that is the owner cooks his turkeys breast down until the last half hour and then flips it over (by it's hind legs! Opps that was my Crocodile Hunter coming out) so the top will brown. This keeps all the meat moist and so good. The family, even my young non-turkey liker, said it was so moist and good.
So next time you are going to cook the large bird try this out I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

7 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

We cook turkey all through the year so I will try this!

Janel said...

Sounds like a good idea, it does make sense. Cooper really liked the Nutcracker from Gabby, so sweet of her. I told him he should write her a thank you note, he said he's rather just tell her when he sees her. Such a boy!


Are you getting geared up??? I hope so, I am!!

Anonymous said...

Nice Sweater...




bahahahahahahahha

Jaclyn said...

Hi, Aunt Bobbi! I love reading your blogs!

Jaclyn said...

Hi, Aunt Bobbi! I love reading your blogs!

The Blonde Duck said...

I've never tried a turkey. I'm too scared.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Sounds like a great idea!

thansk for the sweet email... it's nice to meet you Bobbi Jo!

You have a lovely family & your excitement over your first grandbaby is heart-warming!