Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday ALREADY!!

I can't believe that Christmas has come and gone and now time to start working on Valentines Day!!Ok after all the Christmas things are down. Oh the decorations I have in mind to make I hope will be beautiful. I am working on some organizing and cleaning today. Also working on my 2009 slogan and not coming up with the greatest ideas but still thinking.
On Friday night Dallas was to be home by his 12 curfew but fell asleep on the couch and headed home when waking at 12:30 or so. Well instead of calling us to say what happend he drove WAY too fast and ended up getting a ticket. Doing 70 in a 45! Holy Moly!! What a dork! I asked him why he didn't just call and he said he didn't want us to get mad at him. Okay that worked out well. NOT! We actully weren't that mad but I think he learned a lesson from this. If not maybe after paying for the traffic school and the class he will figure it out.
It has been very quiet around here this morning. Everyone stayed up WAY too late last night, after 12:30 including the little girls and most shocking ME!
I ordered my new planner for this year it is awesome. This is it: Amy Knapp Family Organizer I have used this the past 2 years. I love the Franklin Covey Planner,but right now filling it is a little high priced and doesn't fit my days being a SAHM. This one is $14 and has a place for menus, grocery lists, phone numbers and other important things. I had taken the First Things First class for the Franklin Covey Planner when Alan worked for Shea Homes so I just implement the ideas into this one. Saturday Coco and I went searching for it at Wal-Mart and Barnes and Noble and no such luck so I ordered it on line. I am hoping it will get here in the next day or two to fill with the important dates for the year.
Okay so on with my day. Hope you all had a great weekend and are enjoying kiddos being home from school. Chat with you all later. Hugs, Bobbi Jo
P.S. COCO!!! Show Kyle this little guy. He was on my printer looking at me this morning.
His name is Speedy and he is about 1cm. big. He left us though. Details left in secret.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I hate the holidays in the stores. I'm sure there's a St. Patrick's Day decoration up already somewhere.

And nice planner! I need a new one.

Scrappy Girl said...

I just saw the Valentines stuff being put out at Walmart last nite! I love it! I love all the colors of Valentines Day! I am planning to make Valentines for all my friends and family this year...since I did not get to those Christmas cards.

Kortnei said...

I took a class on the Franklin Covey Planner last year and they made it seem like too much work to keep up with. For a few years I have just used a cheapy planner from WalMart that shows one week at a time. I would be lost without it! The Amy Knapp Family Organizer sounds great. I'm glad you found one that works so well for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Hey! We are still here in Az for another week. I think that we brought the cold and snow with us!
Happy New Year!

Cynthia said...

I tried a Franklin Planner but it was just too detailed for me. I'm ADD- I lose interest in that stuff quickly.

I have a big family planning calendar I got from Costco that's designed for Moms. I'll have to check yours out too.

I don't want to think about having to put all the Christmas stuff away yet. Yikes.

nikkicrumpet said...

Cool planner...I tried using one once when the kids were younger. It took up space in my purse and I still didn't know whether I was coming or going. I'm glad they make them cheaper and more efficient...now that I don't need one anymore lol

JackandJaneyNichols said...

Hey Bobbi Queen! I started a blog just a few minutes ago. Check it out. Love reading your's. xoxox

Kristine hipps said...

My daughter, Katie, has that planner and has used it for about 2 years - maybe you bought it together! It IS great. I'd forgotten about it - maybe I'll order it, too. Couldn't hurt...
Hilarious story about Dallas' common sense driving! We've had the policy of our boys driving junky cars - you only drive as far as you're willing to walk home. Seems to work fairly well!

Carly Nichols said...

Hi Aunt Bobbi! This is Carly, Jordan's hot wife! Jk!!! I know I'm sad too that Christmas is over. We weren't able to make the Nichols Family party bc Sam had his 6 mos shots that day and he was running a temp. and he was teething too...poor guy can't he catch a break. :) Where did you get your planner? I've never heard of it before. I'm needing a planner:) Talk to yay later
-Carly

The Blonde Duck said...

Hello, Speedy! Want to come visit the Pond?