Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Moving & Family Christmas Party

As I mentioned on Saturday that Coco and I were going to start painting her house. We got a very late start and got a good portion of the downstairs and the starting of the loft. I have been feeling like my body is trying to fight off something so I wasn't as productive as I would have liked to have been. So this weekend was filled with Coco and Kyle trying to get housekeeping set up (this is a term my parent's always use). Kyle's dad came down from Pinetop to help out and Alan went over and helped to build shelves in the garage. I can't wait to see the house decorated.
It was odd to wake up this morning to now here Baby Einstein or Elmo playing and see little Talmages face. Hopefully I will see him later today.
Last night was Alan's family Christmas party. This has been held every year since I have been married. The family has grown and the program has changed throughout the years. It was held at Alan's sister and BIL house that has a Grandmothers house that was built for his mom after dad past away. It is in a neighborhood that is known for it's beautiful houses on the three streets. They have their houses decked out each year with a Santa that sits out near the street, passes out candy-canes and talks to the little kids. This is a picture of their house as we were walking up. Linda made the JOY and painted it a couple of years ago..
There was hot chocolate, treats galore and lots and lots of people. We missed the families that were unable to make it. With 9 children there are many grandchildren and great grand children. This is my niece Angela and her sweet little baby, Colton:
The next one is Coco, Kyle and Talmage :
And Dallas & Talmage:.
Here is Gabby and the coloring table and then some of the family members that stayed outside to visit and eat. There were several of the teens and pre-teens that went inside to hang out.
Eating tables in the common area by Grandma's house and then the treat tables by Linda's house. It was nice to see family that live out of state and missed all those who didn't make it. I didn't want to be the annoying relative with the camera so I didn't take as many pictures as I would have like.
Today I will help out Coco and Kyle with watching Talmage or moving things and prepare for Christmas Eve . Have a great day! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Love the big joy sign!

Have a merry Christmas!

Connie said...

I love your post and could tell your religion just by the names, sweet chickee!! LOL Please read my blog post tomorrow celebrating this joyous season. I think you'll love it, honey. Special stories of our Christmases......
Smooches and MERRY CHRISTMAS,
Connie

Melissa Miller said...

Hello Bobbi Jo,

{LOVE THE PRETTY CROWN} :)

So happy you stopped by my new blog! It's great to meet new blog friends. You're welcome anytime! :)

You have a wonderful blog and inspiring blog here.
I love it and will be back to visit often. I'm adding you to my favorites as well.

Beautiful family too!

~Hope you have a blessed Holiday!

Warmly, Melissa :)

Leisel said...

I'm sad I missed you at the party last night. We had family night and James' inactive brother was in charge, so we went there. Fun times at the Christmas party though huh?

♥HANNAH♥ said...

haha i was one of the ones that went into the house!

Jaclyn said...

Merry Christmas, Aunt Bobbi! Miss seeing you in Pinetop :)

Julie said...

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed visiting your blog. Merry Christmas!

Kaylee said...

You should have taklen way more pics for those of us who did not come. I know, this is the first family party we have voluntarily skipped...don't think bad of us!!

tammy said...

Love that big JOY! And I call my sister Coco, short for Collette. Is that her real name or a nickname?