Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Recipe for Risa

Risa had requested the recipe I used for my Broccoli Cheese Soup and since I had no email here it is!

Cheesy Broccoli Soup
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp. flour
2 1/2 cups milk
1 lb. Velveeta Cheese or you can use regular cheddar or low fat cheddar, chopped into 1-1/2" cubes
1 pkg (10-16oz. depending on how much broccoli you want int he soup) frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
1/8tsp. pepper
1 tsp. marjoram
1/4 tsp. Adobo

Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan (6 qt. is good) on stove-top. Add onion and saute until tender. Add flour, stirring constantly for 1 minute over medium heat.
Add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 1 minute. Add all remaining ingredients and cook until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. YUMMY!! Nice and filling with crusty bread or serve in a bread bowl.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

5 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I love broccali cheese soup and Billy Blanks! You're on a roll!

Decor To Adore said...

I love this soup and will make it for my family soon.

Anonymous said...

That sounds so good! I love soup in the winter

MERRIANNE said...

that looks soooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

I was just curious...that name RISA isn't too common. ARe you talking about RISA that is in the 76th ward in Mesa, AZ?

anyway... when spencer and i lived in AZ a couple of years ago, that was our ward ♥

Risa said...

OMG!! I get my name on a recipe! I feel special, thanks a bunch. I love Broccoli Cheese soup. I'm going to try it out ASAP.

Oh I am "the" Risa who requested the recipe however, I don't belong to any ward in Mesa. I live in Omaha, NE. I am from AZ though and I have lots of LDS friends! That's got to count for something right? ;-)