Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Party for Middle Aged Mommies

I struggled all this week if I was going to go to the Middle Aged Mommies Christmas Party . This in turn gave me a stomach ache that led to bad side effects. I finally decided I would go. I made this ornament for the exchange. It was like the White Elephant but with ornaments. I had picked out two different ones and they got taken from me. So then I got him And this sweet little piece of Santa material to have fun with. Thank you Wendy!
So the party was fun. I was still a little nervous when I got there I don't know very many of these ladies well and I am not the best with small talk. But everyone was so nice and I got to get to know a new lady in our ward that I have been reading her blog and she is so sweet, beautiful and down to earth. I love that in a beautiful person! Janel I think you are a doll. Anyway the food was good, the wassail was good and very yummy hot chocolate! My fav!! I didn't take a bunch of pictures, I didn't want people to get that "Get out of my face" look . But here are a few to share. I am terrible at names and not that it matters to most of you who will read this but just to let you know I am bad at names so some ladies or girls will not be on here.

This is Janel on the left. She could be a new BFF unless I annoy the heck out of her. JK!! Isn't she pretty she has a beautiful smile. I can't remember the other ladies name, she was very nice. I am so bad at names I think it is my mind is so full of everything. That is my excuse and I am sticken to it!

This is Jody and she has the greatest laugh. One of those laughs that makes you just want to laugh too. The camera shy gal is Aimee. She was the main photographer and a great gal.
I just realized that the hostess got out of the pictures. I know there was a bunch taken and I hope I get those emailed to me Shelly that would be swell! I would owe you big time. I am glad I went and had a chance to meet this nice ladies, even if I am the old fart of the crowd. Does that officially make me QUEEN?
It is 10:25 and Alan is still out with the girls. I am going to go up and maybe read, watch TV or doze till they get home. Hope you all had a great Saturday, mine turned out very good.
Coco, Kyle and Talmage I miss you three it is quiet with out you here. Strange!
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Sounds like a great afternoon!

Cynthia said...

That sounds like an awesome group! I'm creeping up rather quickly on middle age and am loathe to admit it. I don't know why. I love that this group embraces it!

Glad you had a good time. It can be hard to step out of our comfort zones but that's when all the best stuff happens. I hope you find some new BFF's. A girl can't have too many friends.

Kristen said...

ooh looks like you had fun!! you are always so creative!! Gosh I sure hope i'm creative like that when I'm a wife/mom, haha. Thanks for your sweet comments, I always love hearing from you!! And yes, time is flying by so fast!! 8 months left!!! AHHHH! :) love you girl!

MERRIANNE said...

WOW... i wish i could have been part of the FUN!

Kristens Creations said...

Thanks for registering for the Christmas tree frame and your nice comments! I really appreciate them! Kristen

The Blonde Duck said...

You're not old. It sounds like you had a great time!