Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend & We Support Our Troops

The weekends go by way to fast. Saturday Alan took the girls out to lunch and shopping for a little while so I had a few hours by my self. WeIrD!
Sunday was a good day. We had regional conference in our church. The speakers were very uplifting and full of positive thoughts. We got home from church and Coco, Kyle and Talmage had made it back home. It was good to see them. I made a roast, mash potatoes and gravy for dinner. I also made Buttermilk Pie. I found the recipe on Tina's blog Cherry Hill Blossom. She has a beautiful blog with wonderful recipes. And I have to tell you, this is one of the easiest pies to make and so so so GOOD! YUMMY!! I couldn't believe for something so simple could be so good. Thank you Tina for sharing your family recipe.
Today as I was reading blogs of the family I found my sister in love had posted some pictures of her 2 sons that are serving in the military. Then I go over to my niece who has picture posted of the same guys who are her brothers. SO I decided to follow. I borrowed the pictures from their blogs. Thank you Renee' & Meredith!
I love this country and I am so thankful for the brave men and women who serve, have served and will be serving for our freedom. We are so blessed to have the freedom of speech and the constitution to lead us. So I am posting my nephews pictures also. Thank you to all those who serve us. I love the saying ,"
Bumper Sticker: Iraqi Freedom - Land of the Free Because of the Brave"
So here are my nephews:
Private Alex Houser US Army
and his little brother
Jacob Houser US Marine Corps.
I am very proud of these two guys choosing to protect and serve our Fine Country.
I knew in 7th grade when our choir sang for Ronald Regan's Republican Convention that I was hooked on politics. Then in high school being in ROTC for the Air Force I realized what a wonderful county we had and the pride grew from there.
Make sure you go out and vote tomorrow if you haven't already. You can't complain if you don't vote.
Have a great Monday. Smile at people and make someones day. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

2 comments:

Ham N Cheese said...

Stinkin Bobbi, making me cry!!!

Patricia said...

I am grateful to these brave young men for fighting for our country and helping to ensure my freedom and the freedom for all - you have every right to more than proud. What a beautiful picture.
Patricia
http://theunfinishedflower.typepad.com/