Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pitty Party (kind of) & Prayers

Pitty Party first, I don't know if we can catch a break. Hubby came home from work and told me he had gotten laid off. Construction is such a hard field to be in right now.
Please keep sweet hubby in prayers for a new job. After being out of steady work for almost 2 years we were seeing a little bit of a relief here with this job but they don't have any place to put him. ARRG!! So Pity Party over! I really have to get my mind and fingers in gear to make this Christmas extra special for all of us. I know it is tight for everyone and we are no exception. So if you come across ideas or blogs you would like to share either email me at calledtoscrap@yahoo.com or leave me a comment. I have a couple ideas in mind right now but can always use more. Sorry for the party just needed to get this off my chest. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

9 comments:

MERRIANNE said...

that is sad! we have been through the "jobless" and "laid-off" thing lots and lots of times {tooooo many times!}

i hope he finds work soon :)

Shay said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Bobbi Jo, keeping you, your husband, and family in my thoughts and prayers. I know the Lord will bless him with a new job soon. Sending you much hugs and strength to get through this.
Blessings & hugs,
Shay

Tracy P. said...

So sorry to hear it! May you see the Lord's faithfulness in unimagined ways.

The Colman's said...

I can't believe it! Lance is going to be blown away...so so sorry to hear. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

Good to see you today by the way~

Niki

Connie said...

I am so sorry to hear it, my sweet eternal family friend! I know how it can be a bummer when the holidays are on the horizon but I think you have priorities in order: families first. Just make candy for them all and be done with it. Presents aer only "things" in this life. Prayers will be said for your sweet eternal companion however. It's gonna get rougher in the coming times though. Thinkin' of ya!
Smooches,
Connie

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Bobbi! I know you will find a way, though. Hang in there and think positive thoughts. Something will come your way!

Leslie

Risa said...

So sorry to hear the bad news. Hopefully he can find something else soon! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Megan said...

that was the most petite pity party I have ever heard/read. You are so much stronger than I.
I am so sorry and of course you and your family will be in my prayers.

Jacob and Meredith Hammond said...

I agree with Megan - that was a tiny pity party! You are always allowed to have them for at least 2 to 3 hours which is the standard party time, right? :-) We will keep you in our prayers.