Tuesday, November 25, 2008

FHE & Pin The Feathers on The Turkey

Last night for our Family Home Evening we had a really good lesson on a Thankful Heart and Being Happy. It entailed that if we are resentful and bitter we can not be happy. So true don't you think.
I loved this quote that I printed out for everyone to keep in their scriptures is this,"Those who live in thanksgiving daily, however, are usually among the world's happiest people. And they make others happy." This just hits so close to home. I know way to many people ( okay family members ) who are this way. Anyway I wanted to share pictures of the game and our treat. The game was kind of a last minute idea so no laughing at my lame Turkey. I made a big Turkey who was featherless so we had to get blindfolded and pin the feathers on him. Dallas would pick up those who he could and spin them to make them dizzy. This just made it even funnier. When it was my turn Dallas took the top tape off of the picture and I ended up hanging the feathers on the wall. Alan brought home some doughnuts for our treat.

We had a lot of fun with this. So I am going to do Put the Ornament on the Christmas Tree for a December FHE. I just love how much laughing there was. Have a fun Tuesday.
Just to let you all know the color Black has won for my great garage sale chair. And more news there is suppose to be a storm moving in for Thanksgiving. YEAH!!!! I am so happy.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

1 comment:

Janel said...

There is nothing that makes a mom feel better than a fun FHE!!! We didn't do anything special but this morning Dayton asked if we could have FHE again tonight! :D