Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day




Thank you to all of those great people who have served are serving and will be serving for our great country. My father served in the Merchant Marines, my Father in Love served in the US Air Force and at this time I have 2 nephews who are serving in the Marines and Army. I love this country and I am so proud of our military.
This morning on Channel 3 news here in the valley of never ending sun E'lyse was on TV with the dance/singing group she is in. I didn't go so I didn't get to get pictures there but watched her along with the rest of the family as they sang God Bless the USA. She and a few of her friends from the group "Sun Shine Generation" came by so I could get a couple pictures. There were more in the group but they didn't tag along. So here they are: E'lyse, Ashton, John and Alice. John looks a little scared! They did a good job. I was very proud of all of them.

Then I wanted to share with you this picture of the turkey my little girls made. They had made all the fixings for a Thanksgiving dinner out of paper and craft items. But had the turkey being still alive because they thought is was funny. I think he is funny too! His name is Tom. When we lived in Pinetop we were raising turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas. But the Thanksgiving turkey, named Tom, met a great tragedy with a black bear breaking into his cage. Boy was I mad! Anyway I guess this is the girls way of paying homage to dear old TOM.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

6 comments:

Mc Allen said...

aww, poor tom!!!I know that I couldn't ever be one to raise an animal and then eat it... I had a pet calf, and well.. I still cant talk about it!! ;) Your family is just beautiful and your centiment is just perfect for this day!!! LA

heather said...

Wow your girl was on t.v.? She must be way talented! How fun! And I've really enjoyed reading the patriotic shout outs today. I love my country too!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Bobbi Jo,

Wow..your daughter must be very talented! I love the outfits they're wearing!

We are a very patriotic family here too and so proud of our military (past and present) serving our country! I'm so thankful for those that secure our freedom!

Tammy

Pretty Organizer said...

What a fun blog! You're not too far from me...I'm in Gilbert:) Glad you came over to see me and introduce yourself. It looks like you're a busy mamma! I look forward to checking back again!

Pretty Organizer said...

Totally dorked out.. I was going to tell you about the medicing cabinet frames. I'm not exactly sure how to make a real one... I pretty much fake everything I make. In my last house I found some of that decorative trim at Home Depot.. they have some that look like braids, other with scrolls carved in it...etc. Anyway, my hubby just mitered the corners so they fit together and we glued them straight over the mirror! Worked just fine. You need to use a special glue that will adhere to glass but it was pretty easy. Good luck!

nikkicrumpet said...

Poor Tom...although being eaten by humans or being eaten by a bear....hmmm I guess it really doesn't matter much to him lol.

I'm still laughing at your comment.
I've decided that I REALLY like your job Idea...you get baseball...I get football!!! We'll form a union lol! Have a great day!