Monday, November 24, 2008

A Chair, A Saw and A Pancake

I know I am posting late. It has been a DAY! I wanted to share some pictures with you and maybe get a little input.

First of all I have had this chair for several months. I bought it at a garage sale for $5. It had the original price of $169.00 so I got a good deal. The thing is I want to paint it. I am not sure what color to paint it though. I will be recovering it to match the colors of the great room. The colors of the material in it is red, browns , green and gold. I am thinking either white or black. I would love opinions of all you great bloggy friends.

This is Sunday Morning as I was starting breakfast and getting a roast in the crock pot I discovered the roast wouldn't fit in the crock!!!! What is a girl to do. Ask for my Sweeties help. So he went out and got a saw, cleaned the blade and Son-In-Love held it for him as he cut it to fit in perfectly. Does this make us Red Necks?

This is a chocolate chip pancake that I thought looked like this hibiscus! What do you think? Okay mostly the shape.
On Sunday we went to visit my parents after Sacrament. We then came home and had dinner. The roast was yummy if I must say so myself.
So there is now almost 3 days till Thanksgiving. I am praying it will ran on Thanksgiving and give us a little colder weather. Last year it felt like I was making a faux Thanksgiving dinner in the middle of the summer. The kitchen was so hot I had to crank down the AC to make it bearable to be in. Gotta love the valley of the SUN!
Time to get ready for dinner and FHE. Have a great night. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think that the black would look lovely.

kamikazern said...

I vote for black, too. With an active family, you would never be able to keep it clean.

Love,
Renée

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm pretty sure that doesn't make you a red neck...unless it was a chain saw!

The Blonde Duck said...

I wouldn't do white. I guess black may be your best bet--but warning--once you paint wood black, it's hard to take it back to wood. Belive me, I tried...

Ginger said...

That's funny about sawing the roast in half...hey, whatever works, lol.
Ginger