Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving ! I didn't get a chance to post earlier. I woke up this morning not feeling so hot even though I was in bed by 9:30 last night. After I was up for awhile and started prep for dinner I started to feel better.
I made a Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake, 2 Pumpkin Pies, 1 Pecan Pie and 1 Banana Cream Pie. The Banana Cream was mostly for Kyle, that is his favorite.
I wasn't expecting to eat until 2 or 2:30 but the turkey was done by 12:30. Dallas had is girl friend, Sarah, over to eat with us and this evening they were going to her house to eat dinner with her family. I just wanted to share a few pictures with you all.
Faith and Gabby before lunch.
Talmage waiting for his first true turkey dinner.
Our table.
Our turkey. The drink is Sparkling Apple Cranberry Cider,(didn't want anyone thinking I was hitting the bottle) he he
I wanted to post just a few things that I am thankful for:
My sweet hubby & best friend
Our wonderful fun family- We have great children, a sweet son in love and the greatest grandson in the world.
My Heavenly Father for his forgiveness and understanding
The gospel and the guidance it gives me
My extended family (even if they don't get along with each other.)
Mark, Renee and their great family
Great bloging friends
Crafts and this is a long list under this little word.
Food and cooking
Decorating
Being able to read, understand and learn
Our great country & the freedoms we have
The great cool weather we had today
These are just a few of the things I am thankful for in my life. The list goes on and everyday we need to be thankful for all that we are blessed with in our lives, including the struggles that we are handed for if we didn't have these we wouldn't understand how blessed we truly are.
May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving. My love extends across the miles with so many of you. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Thanksgiving Bobbi Jo! Family, the best way to spend the Thanksgiving holiday. So glad you shared it with so many.

We had a full house, Thanksgiving is my holiday to host and I wouldn't have had it any other way. My sweet Duane loved this day almost more that Christmas. I am truly thankful for all the bloggy love and prayers you sent my way these past few weeks. I will always be thankful.

Richard Lawry said...

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. I know that we sure did. So much to be thankful for.

An Arkie's Musings