Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday and Our Business

News Flash: I found out yesterday at Fry's when you bring in your reusable cloth bags you get a .5 credit for each bag. Every little bit helps, Right?
Man this week is going by fast. Whatcha Working On Wednesday is here already. Today I have two kiddos home. E'lyse caught whatever it was that Gabby had or from someone else she is congested and feeling bad. Gabby's teacher told her yesterday that if she came to school and was coughing she was going to send her to the nurse to be sent home. She is no longer running a fever and is bouncing off the walls she just has a cough. Yet they get upset if the child misses. Oh well! Se la vie! I am seriously considering homeschooling next year for the girls. This in a major thinking process that has to be sorted through and prayed about.
Alan and I got up at 4:40. Neither of us could sleep and he had a major break through on something he was struggling with to figure out so he shared what came out of that and by then I was wide awake.
I have been working on typing up lists for the food storage and for my freezer inventory. On Saturday Coco and I cleaned out my big freezer and hubby rolled it out to the front and let it defrost and I then cleaned it out, reorganized everything and took notes of what was in there.
I went shopping yesterday for my two week cooking. I use to do OAMC (Once a Month Cooking) all the time and got out of the habit. But I decided with the business starting up we are going to need as much of my free time when hubby is home to work on projects.
We don't have a name yet for the business but I will tell you what we will be doing. First Alan has been in the construction industry since he was a little guy. His father built houses on the side and in the summer as he was a teacher and had to provide for a family of 9 children. My hubby is great at what he does. He is wonderful in math and able to figure out how things will look good and functional. He worked for a major home builder here in Arizona, Shea Homes. He built Shea's largest and most expensive homes. He quit 6 months after we had moved to Pinetop to be with the family full time instead of just weekends. He is a jack of all trades, some he is more proficient at but has sources to get information if need be. He is great with the customer of making them happy and helping with ideas. Our business will be remodeling, additions, and fix ups or foreclosure homes. Eventually we would like to flip houses and build speck houses, but that is down the road. I am more of the Girl Friday and someone to share and get ideas from. This is major exciting for us. His countenance has changed and has an enthusiasm that I haven't seen in a long time. It is great! I was even told last week at church that I had a glow about me. At first thinking "I'm not pregnant", I think it is a glow of positive energy I feel. We still don't have a name so if you want to add your idea I would love to hear them.
I have a bunch of prep work to do for my cooking along with some researching for the business, phone calls, kiddos to look after, wash and regular home blessings for my WWOW. Hope you all have a great day. I wanted to share this with you I think it is great.
"We often think of enthusiasm as caused by an external event. However, it can be generated from within, becoming an intentional action for transforming virtually anything in our lives. Enthusiasm can take the seemingly small, dull, boring, or unimportant and turn it into something new and magnificent. Learn to strengthen the muscle of your enthusiasm, letting the tiny become great, and you will reclaim your energy and passion." Anat Baniel

9 comments:

Kristine hipps said...

I'm so excited for you and Alan. That's wonderful to be excited about a new goal or project. In this case it's so much bigger than that! Good luck and I know you'll both work hard to make this a great success. Love the quote, too!

Small House said...

Good luck with your new business plans! It's nice when everything feels positive.

Have fun gettin everything done today. I wish I could join you on the get it done in my home today!

Have a good day.
Sandra

Small House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaclyn said...

Sounds like a great idea! Good luck with it all!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's exciting about the new buisness! Hooray!

Unknown said...

Good luck with your new business!

Ham N Cheese said...

This is going to be GREAT!!!

Sue said...

Don't ya just love breakthroughs! You struggle and fret and then...Ta da! I am so glad the road is becoming clear to you guys. I wish you lots of blessings in your new business.
XXX~LillySue

Leslie said...

Bobbi Jo,
I have gotten so far behind in blogloand...I just wanted to stop by and say "hi" and hope all is well with you :)

Have a great day!

Leslie