Sunday, April 26, 2009


Today has been a good day. I woke up this morning at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep. I went downstairs and checked to see if the newspaper came. It hadn't. I love the Sunday paper and all the coupons. It is a major excitement for me to see what will be going on sale in the next few weeks. I had other things to do in my craft room that will soon be our office. So finally at 6:30 the papers were here and I got all my coupons clipped and put in their little spaces.
The day progressed and we had a wonderful breakfast that hubby cooked. A little later we went to church. We sat down I am looking through the program of who is going to speak and what is on the ward calendar and saw it was fast Sunday due to having Steak Conference next week. OPPS!! I forgot all about it not being next week. The meeting was nice it wasn't as noisy as it usually is.
After church we came home and I had put a roast in the crock pot about 6:30 this morning with the can of Diet Coke to make it moist and tasty. It smelled so good. I made mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls and apple sauce. I had some orange cauliflower cooking and for the first time in a long time I burnt it! AGH! I wasn't not a happy camper about this. But the rest of the dinner or late lunch was very yummy!
Yesterday Alan and I planted the garden. We are doing Gardening By the Foot minus the grid. We just imagined the grid was there. This is what it looks like so far
After lunch/dinner I went out and stuck a green onion that I bought from the market in the garden and 2 of the summer squash by the little plants in the center and came in calling for everyone to come look at the garden. They came running out and I said, "Wow we are great gardeners. Look at the squash is already growing and here is an onion too!" Dallas was starting to buy it for a couple seconds, Gabby runs over and is looking amazed at the squash (this is one of Gabby's favorite veggies) and then Alan started laughing. I am a dork but I have fun at it!
Then Alan and I took a very late nap. I defiantly have a sinus infection. I used my Neti Pot this morning and it burned to the point I wanted to cry. Then my nose would not stop draining. I would bend over and the continued water that was up there kept flowing. Sorry I hope no one was munching on a M&M while reading this. And the pressure behind my ears is crazy. It is that big pressure that you have right before a sneeze. So I am going to treat this infection and get rid of it fast I have way to much going on to be sick.
So that has been my Sunday. It has been a good one. Have a great evening. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Hope you get to feeling better!

...and a roast made with Diet Coke?I'll have to try that sometime :)