Friday, April 3, 2009

Holy Snap It's a Shaq Attack

It is Friday and what a nice day it has been. Here in Arizona it is a wonderfully breezy day and hubby was off work this morning. We had a good breakfast together, worked on our first things first planning and then did the budget together. It is hard to make a budget when you aren't sure how much you will have coming in or if you will have a job then next week. But fear not I have the greatest faith in our Heavenly Father that things will work out and all will be well. We had a nice lunch together and then he had to go off to a side job he has been working on. See the Lord knows what we need and will provide.
During lunch I got a text message from Dallas with this picture:
This is Mr. Shaquille O'Neal of the Phoenix Suns. He was my favorite basketball players when he played for the Lakers. He is a reserve police officer in Tempe, Arizona. Shaq went to the EVIT school where Dallas is in Fire Fighting, to give a talk to the students. Now Dallas is a tall boy at almost 6 ft. tall and he chopped off the top of Shaqs head because he is so tall. Dallas was about a foot away from him in this picture.
This is Shaq on stage . I thought this was really cool that he would do this for the school.
Tonight is date night. Hubby might be taking the little girls to the movies in the early evening and then when he get's home we will do our date night.
This weekend in our church is General Conference. I am looking forward to this weekend it is always a wonderful time to be filled with the spirit all weekend with uplifting and informative information that betters us if we put it into effect in our lives. Durring the break in between sessions we are building a large planter box for our garden, similar to this one of Coco's . I am excited to get a garden in.
Just to fill you in on what has been going on Thursday was more organizing and homeblessings. I am very happy to get our house in order.
Off to read blogs and get caught up on what is going on with all you wonderful people.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

9 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

That is so cool!

Jaclyn said...

That's cool about Shaq. And have a fun date night :)

Ham N Cheese said...

I love shaq! He is so dorky and great; plus I still think his movie Kazaam sent me into labor with Pantera, and for that I will be forever grateful...

Anonymous said...

But you still saw Louis... rub that in his face. HAHA

Thanks for watching Talmage tonight!

Love ya!

Just me~Bobbie Jo said...

Hello Bobbi Jo from Bobbie Jo ~TX !! :)

Thanks for stopping my my blog-I saw that you have 3 and I figured the "Queen" one had to be a fun one! :)

I have to tell you-Love your name(btw it is spelled wrong-lol j/k) Anywho, I do have to say that I have a friend in Ohio who is (guess what?).....................




A Bobbi Jo too and spelled your way! :)
Hope to see ya around in the blogging world.

Leisel said...

Shaq is NOT my favorite, but that would still be cool. Better than seeing Obama at ASU's commencement! Did I write that outloud?

Anonymous said...

!! wow !!
i would have loved to be there!!!!!

Rhonda said...

I blogged a Shaq post not too very long ago too. My husband was in scottsdale getting a construction permit and ran into Shaq paying a felony speeding ticket (if your famous you can skip the jail and pay a bigger fine, lol). Woops-slow down Shaq. He was very nice to my hubby and let him take his pic and all. He even told Jed what a nice beard he had (yuck!).

So, I'm just now catching up but did someone lose their job at your house or are they about to? Jed lost his job last month. I know it's rough!

nikkicrumpet said...

I don't like Mr. Shaq...mostly because he spent too many years beating the crap out of my team...and yes I'm bitter lol