Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park, Superior, Arizona - Garden in the Desert

Alan went to chaperon on Faith's 4th grade field trip today. They went to Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park, in Superior Arizona. It is known as the Garden in the Desert. Faith has been so excited about this trip. They were suppose to go last month but the day they were going it started to ran so it was rescheduled. This is Faith's BFF Madison and Faith (my Faith is short!)

Petrified wood this is our state fossil.

Lake

Big kahuna cactus
This is a Prickly Pear Cactus. The fruit that you see on it can be picked carefully cleaned and made into a jam. The fruit is very poinky. It is really tasty.
They said they had a good time and luckily it was a little breezy today and in the 70's.
The girls had early release and since Alan is home he decided to take them up to the river fishing. It is the time of year for Bass so I am hoping he will catch a bunch so we can do a fish fry this week. His parents use to have fish fry's all the time for the groups they belonged to "The Sons and Daughters of the Utah Pioneers." His father Neldon was a great fisherman and would fish often and freeze the meat for the fish fry's. I am hoping I will be sharing pictures of this tomorrow.
Off I go to do more house work. Have a great day! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

4 comments:

Ang said...

The memories of going fishing with grandpa and having fish fries at his house are some of my favorite. Thanks for taking me down memory lane. I hope they have a lot of success. The weather today is gorgeous, so if nothing else, they can enjoy that!

Jaclyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaclyn said...

Yum! Fry fish is the only fish I eat :)

Janice said...

I loved going to this place. We bought a year pass and enjoyed going often. I have a fourth grader also. This I'm sure was a fun field trip for your daughter.