Friday, July 18, 2008

Small World

I know I am not the only one out there. As I am going on to blogs I enjoy looking for new blogs. I love to learn from others and I make it a point to learn something new every day. So a little while back I was searching on a blog and saw a name that stuck out My Country Home. So I checked it out as I was reading her profile I thought I would probably like her and her blog . Leslie has a lovely blog, I loved the crafts and great pictures and new I would want to come back, she seemed to have a lot in common with me. So I checked back and read about places she was going and where she lives, and I remembered some of the names from Pennsylvania where I was born and moved from when I was almost 5. So I emailed her and she and I have corresponded and what a small world it has turned out to truly be. From the clues that I gave her she talked with her Gran and turns out she new our family. Leslies Great Grandfather and my father were good friends and worked with each other for over 14 years. Her Gran said that her Dad and Aunt Ethyl went to visit my parents after they moved from Pennslyvania. Leslies aunts use to come over and play at our house with my oldest sister Wendy.

And another funny little story that Leslie told me of my mother taking her grandmother to the hospital when she was in labor with Leslie mom, . Her Gran said both she and my mom were pregnant and my mom looked further along so the people at the hospital were confused about which was pregnant. My mother would have been pregnant with my sister Marian. Leslie's Gran even said she gave my mom her dress that she wore to the hospital because she didn't need it and my mom did. I am sure with 7 children it was needed greatly at the time. Thank you Leslie's Gran for that!

It is so wonderful that her Grans memory is so good. Otherwise the pieces might not have fallen together.

I think everything happens for a reason. And so many times I don't think we understand what a difference little thing like this can make. I was so excited almost giddy as I am reading Leslie's emails and her telling me of all the things that she had learned. I feel I have made a new friend so many miles away! Leslie has a great blog and I was right I do like her and love her blog.

Today Coco, Kyle and Talmage are moving down from Pinetop. I am happy that they are able to come down here I miss not having them close by. So I have there room ready and still working on Talmages ( I am suppose to be doing that right now instead of blogging! LOL). Kyle has one more test on Thursday to pass. He has been offered the job as long as he passes this one. Oh it is with Sheriff Joe Arpio office! So please keep him in your prayers that all goes well.

Just a cute little guy Alan brought in to show me this morning before he left for work. Have a great day. I will try and check in later. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Bobbi Jo,
I had to write about this today on my blog, too! I just found it so amazing! Gran was thrilled when I called her this morning and told her the news :) I was so excited and giddy when I read your e-mails yesterday, too. I think I drove DH nuts talking about it and I forwarded it on to my Mom and told my best bud all about it! I just find it so cool!

It's funny, too, that on Tuesday I was at my Gran's and she gave me an envelope with 4 photos in it. Two were of Grandpap and Grandma Weller...I took pictures of the pictures and put them on my blog today :)

Anything you want to know or any time you want to talk, you know how to find me :)

That's great news that your daughter, SIL and grandson are moving closer to you! It's great to have family around :)

Hugs! Have a great weekend!