Monday, November 19, 2012

Making Your Home a Haven ~ Week 3

Joining in with Courtney over at Women Living Well

This week’s challenge:
Focus on the kitchen, the heart of the home. Cook things with pleasant aromas – like homemade bread, pies, and cookies. Don’t wait to have a reason to make something special – do it simply to show love to your family. Invite your kids and/or hubby to cook along side of you – make memories in the kitchen – test tasting, being creative, laughing and loving. Remove discontentment and give thanks to God for the home God has given you in which to create a haven for your family.
 Growing up my mother was an amazing cook. I really never had much of an interest in cooking. I never thought I would get married. When Dallas, our second child was born the food shows became super popular. It was at this time that I got interested in cooking and started to venture out and give it a try. Now I could make the basics but at this point I learned how to really cook. Maybe a little too good. My favorite to make has always been baking yummy desserts. When our third child was born I did some catering for husbands office once a week. That was a lot of fun! 
 As I have said before Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year so this is the perfect time for cooking & baking. 
 Hugs, Bobbi Jo

No comments: