Monday, November 5, 2012

Making Your Home a Haven: Week 1

I am joining Courtney over at  Women Living Well  blog for the 
Making Your Home a Haven 31 Day Fall Challenge
I have been following Courtney's blog for a while. She is a beautiful lady with a wonderful blog this is one of the reasons I decided to join this challenge. 
Here is first weeks challenge
Here’s this week’s challenge: 
Go buy an extra large candle and light a candle everyday in your home. I will be starting mine in the morning! But you can start yours at dinner time. Do what makes sense for your family. I will be placing mine in the kitchen – the main hub of my home. Each time the candle catches your eye, say a prayer for peace in your home.  
I will be making a visit to Michael's for one of the yummy smelling candles for our house. 


I too will be lighting mine in the morning. I am the first one up so this works out well for me. 
I love the glow of the candle throughout the day in a home especially in the cooler months it makes it seem more welcoming, calmer and gives it that loving feeling.
She had this verse:

Proverbs 14:1 says: “The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.”
How are you making your home a haven?
  • Making my home a calm place
  • Having beautiful music playing 
  • Making healthy foods to nourish our bodies
  • Keeping it orderly and clean
This is another quote Cournty had on her blog: 
Why do we love certain houses, and why do they seem to love us?  It is the warmth of our individual hearts reflected in our surroundings.” ~ T.H. Robsjohn-Gibbings
This is so true. I have been in homes that I just felt so at peace and calm that I really didn't want to leave. Then there are those that I couldn't wait to leave. I want my home to be one of comfort, love and peacefulness. This isn't always easy! 
Courtney's challenge to us: 
So let’s begin.  Light a candle and begin praying over your home every time the glimmer of the candle catches your eye.  Pray for peace.  Peace with each other and peace within your soul.
Our homes should be a Heaven on earth and that is what I want of ours. 
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

No comments: