Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bountiful Baskets

Have you heard of Bountiful Baskets? It is a food co-op that you order on Tuesday then later in the week it is delivered to a location where you go to pick it up. In our situation it is at our park in our community. 
The baskets contain 50% fruit & 50% vegetables and it is 100% yummy! The price is reasonable and it is actually kind of fun because you never know exactly what you will be getting. So what I do is after I pick up my basket (or in this case we bought 2) I take it home, go through it and then decide what meal it will be used for on the menu. Of course there is usually plenty for snacking.  Being that we are trying to eat less process foods this is perfect for us.
This is the basket that I took and filled up plus I had a large reusable shopping bag with items in it. 
Doesn't this just scream fun? I am a little weird and think it does. 
 Yummy corn for Mondays cook out
 Navel oranges, pineapples, cantaloupe,  2 bags of Fuji apples and bananas 
 Tomatoes 
 Artichokes and orange peppers
 2 heads of lettuce
 and last but not least potatoes 
So happy with all the great foods we got today. I brought it home made my list and prepped a bunch for meal and snacking .
Hugs, Bobbi Jo 

1 comment:

Megan said...

i would be interested to see what meals you make with all your produce, if you don't mind sharing.