Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Time out for a political message from our sponsor…

I was reading a great blog and came across this message. The blog is Real Mom, Real Life


Time out for a political message from our sponsor…

OK – I don’t really have a sponsor, but this is a political thing. So any who are not of the conservative persuasion might want to check back on another post.

I got an email from a friend the other day asking to participate in something -- to protest, peacefully, the presidents stand on abortion. Or Voluntary Population Planning, as he puts it.

I believe we should respect the office of president and support him in his difficult job. But I don’t think that means we should sit idly by while things happen we don’t approve of.

So someone had a great idea of the RED ENVELOPE PROJECT. I hadn’t ever heard of it before, but I really like the idea. A simple, peaceful way to send a message.

Here is the email I received:

Get red envelopes or postcards and mail them on March 31st to the White House
When: March 31st, 2009
Get a red envelope. You can buy them at Kinkos, or at party supply stores.

On the front, address it to
President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington , D.C. 20500

On the back, write the following message:

“This envelope represents one child who died because of an abortion.It is empty because the life that was taken is now unable to be a part of our world.”

We will mail the envelopes out March 31st, 2009. Put it in the mail, and send it. Then forward this event to every one of your friends who you think would send one too. I wish we could send 50 million red envelopes, one for every child who died [in the U.S.] before having a chance to live. It may seem that those who believe abortion is wrong are in a minority. It may seem like we have no voice and it's shameful to even bring it up. Let us show our President and the world that the voices of those of us who do not believe abortion is acceptable are not silent and must be heard. Together we can change the heart of The President and save the lives of millions of children.

So I want to call on my blogging buddies, friends and family to join this protest. Whether or not it works, I will feel better for trying.

*** Please feel free to refer to, link to, copy, paste or otherwise snag this information for your blog!!! Lets spread the word!!!***

Not that I often voice my political opinion (LOL) This is so worth it. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

8 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

That's a really good idea! Cool!

Stacey said...

THis blog is amazing! You are so talented!

Janice said...

I love this idea. I will join in.
I am stopping by to visit from Our Creative Life. I noticed that you live in Queen Creek. I just moved to Utah from Queen Creek. I lived in Johnson Ranch. I loved it out there. Thanks for letting me take a peek.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Thanks for your stance on this, and for speaking out with the courage of your convictions.

If you visit my blog, 2/26 post, there is an award there for you.

Best wishes, Cass

Small House said...

I'm in!!
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. My sister found your blog, and past it on to me!! Love it.
Have a great day.
Sandra

Small House said...

Oh silly me.... I meant passed HAHAHA.
I need to go back to third grade.

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm so glad this is spreading! I hope everyone follows through with it.

kari and kijsa said...

Loved this! We even just posted a link on our facebook page!

blessings,
kari & kijsa