Monday, February 2, 2009

Ground Hog Day-Homemaker Mondays and Menu Plan Mondays

Just one more wave!!!

Phil Says "Six More Weeks of Winter!"

Phil's official forecast as read February 2nd, 2009 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:

Hear Ye Hear Ye

On Gobbler's Knob this glorious Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2009

Punxsutawney Phil, Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators

Awoke to the call of President Bill Cooper

And greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths

After casting a joyful eye towards thousands of his faithful followers,

Phil proclaimed that his beloved Pittsburgh Steelers were World Champions one more time

And a bright sky above me

Showed my shadow beside me.

So 6 more weeks of winter it will be.




Okay now on to Homemaker Monday
My tip for Homemaker Monday is to pack lunches for the family the night before. Meat and cheese sandwiches can be made and frozen ahead of time. The trick is to use Miracle Whip not mayo. Place the sandwiches in the lunch sack or box and by lunch time it will be thawed.

Menu Plan Monday
: These are in no particular order .

Hillbilly Spaghetti Pie
Garlic Bread
Green Beans

Hamburgers, Hot dogs and Brats
Prok n beans
Pasta Salad
Chips

Dijon Baked Chicken w/Rice
Cucumbers w/ Ranch dip

Crunchy Orange Curried Chicken
Salad
Spinach

Slow cooker Roast
Mash potatoes w/gravy
Cauliflower

Date Night

Linguine with Vegetables and Sauce
Corn
Fruit

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

Nice to meet you Bobbi Jo! I love your blog...especially your kitchen one with all the recipes. I'll be looking at that one a lot closer as I'm always looking for new and exciting recipes! :)

Leslie said...

Bobbi Jo,
Your Steelers won and the groundhog saw his shadow...girl, you DO belong back here in Pennsylvania :) I watched the game last night and the kids and I watched Phil this morning LIVE on the local channel :)

I meant to respond to your comment the other day but haven't yet. You tell your DD thanks for the wonderful compliment. I have a hard time taking them. I never felt pretty, well because my Mom is absolutely beautiful and everyone mentions it to me, I have two cousins that were Miss BEA (Like homecoming but for the entire district, your represent your school at a big pagent type thing) and I always had the friends that the boys fell over so I was ignored....I'm trying to take my compliments and believe them! LOL

Have a great day :)

Leslie

Kristina P. said...

I sort of want to shoot the groundhog.

Carla said...

Love this post! I had forgotten about Groundhog day, now I know...and the Mircale whip thing-cool!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great Idea! Never thought of freezing the sandwiches. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Jaclyn said...

I don't ever remember the groundhog not seeing his shadow but I do enjoy watching the movie.

Anonymous said...

Ugh... Really tired of winter...

The Blonde Duck said...

I'd love to be at your house this week! Yum!

Lynn said...

That's a great sandwich tip, but I REALLY needed to leave a comment because I just love your header! I'm the queen around here, too, and it's so nice to meet fellow royalty :)

♥HANNAH♥ said...

doesnt the ground hog always say there's 6 more weeks of winter and then like 2 weeks later its warm outside??