Monday, February 23, 2009

Noisy Kids

I wanted to clarify about the noisy kiddos I was talking about in church Sunday. I didn't mean to upset Katie or anyone else.The mother had her 4 boys ages 9 and younger sitting 4 rows behind where she was sitting. She kept turning around snapping her fingers instead of sitting with them and trying to teach them how to be reverent. None of them could sit still very long and they were up and down back and forth to their mom and back to their seats, the mother was getting up as much as they were . They had 2 wind up toy trucks and were banging them on the metal chairs and nothing was being done but finger snapping.
I don't expect kids to be perfect little quiet angles but this was ridiculous.
Yes this was my vent for this month. Believe me there could be so much more but I don't want to get myself in trouble. Don't be worrying about me Connie!
Have a great evening. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

7 comments:

Connie said...

Hah, said like a true "saint", chick!! I knew you'd have food storage. You should see under our beds. Yikes. My daughter and granddaughter are coming this week from Calif and Seattle so when they leave the cases of stuff will be in the guest shower/tub! I've got every closet filled with food. If we ever get broken in to the thieves are gonna wonder what in the heck we were thinking!!! But I'm not worrying about ya, honey, cuz we're on the same wave length.

I hear ya with the noisy kids and parents that don't try but some do try. But I don't let it bother me too much. It's hard to hear the speakers though, I know. Oh well, what can ya do? Maybe a class on "reverence" for parents???? Classic problem but the kids need to be there so what are ya gonna do?!????

xoxo,
Connie

Katie said...

Bobbi Jo: NO worries, I wasn't offended at all! I didn't know the circumstances, it certainly does sound like in that particular case the mother should've intervened.

I just was speaking for the case of all the parents who are motified their kid is noisy during church, to say a lot of us really are trying to keep them under control☺

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

It is hard to keep kids quiet, but that whole situation sounds totally unacceptable. I can't imagine letting 4 kids sit by themselves like that.

Ham N Cheese said...

She should try what we do, Pantera picks someone new to sit by every week and they keep her quiet. Not really, she tries to sit with anyone but her family and most of the time she gets away with it last week it was with an 85 year old couple...that girl.

alpinekleins said...

geez! If everyone would just parent the way I do - JK, I can't tell you all the insane things I've done over the years and then later wondered "What the HECK was I thinking?"! I think we all lost a few brain cells from time to time :)

Kristin

Megan said...

thank goodness you said 4 boys otherwise I would have thought you were talking about me.
Our ward is loud!!
We try to get there 10 minutes early and get in the front-ish and it is a bit quieter but if you listen to the children around you that is all you can hear. I focus in on the speakers and ignore all the kids, even my own, and I have a pleasant experience.
Also, if I am forced to take a child out due to their irreverent-ness I make it the worst experience ever. force them to sit on my lap and let them scream, no getting down and playing, or toys out in the lobby.

Jacob and Meredith Hammond said...

Next time I come to visit you, I'm going to sit right behind you at church and snap my fingers in your ear over and over again.:-) Hahaha! (That's my evil laugh)