Monday, February 16, 2009

Homemaker Mondays and Menu Plan Mondays

Homemaker Monday Tip- Learn how to properly load a dish washer. It can make all the difference in the world of how clean your dishes get and keeping them looking good.
1. Since heat and hot water are generally more intense on the lower rack than the upper rack, pots, plates, utensils, and other heavy-duty wash jobs should go on the bottom.
2. Load as much as you can without having things touch. Stagger or overlap small plates.
3. Delicate dishes and glassware should be placed in the upper rack.
4. Place everything in the upper rack facedown; everything in the lower rack facing the center.
5. Cooking utensils should be lying down on the bottom or top rack, not in the cutlery bin.
6. Don't place items over the prongs on the upper rack. Glasses and mugs should go in the rows between the prongs while bowls should be placed down in the center.
7. Forks, spoons and knives should be placed in the cutlery bin alternately (some handles up, and some down, if posible0 do they don't nest.
8. Never put cutting knives, wooden handled cook wear in the dishwasher. Wash these items by hand.
Next weeks tip is on those wooden handles utensils.

Menu Plan Monday- Correction on last weeks menu I put Faith's Birthday on it. It is this week I was ahead of myself.
Faith's Birthday Request

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Fried Potatoes w/ ranch or ketchup
Cake

Beef Stew
Rolls
Pudding

Pork Chops and Applesauce ( The Brady Bunch)
German Style Green Beans
Wild Rice

Spaghetti w/ meatballs
Garlic Bread
Salad

Homemade Deep Crust Pizza
Salad
Fruit

Roasted Garlic Chicken
Rice
Brussels Sprouts
Biscuits

Date Night

3 comments:

Cass @ That Old House said...

I think I need to show this to my husband; he definitely needs these instructions on the dishwasher! Although I suspect he does it "wrong" on purpose so I won't ask him to do it at all!

Best wishes... Cass

Envoy-ette said...

I need to show my husband too! I'm following your tips, but he thinks I'm doing it wrong! LOL! I do put my bamboo spoons in though - they come out soooo clean!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Your menu sounds great. I've got to try a philly cheese steak sandwich sometime!