Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy September

Happy September everyone! 
Fall is my very all time favorite time of the year. 
I look forward to the cooler weather, changing of the colors (not so much here in the valley but up north)
cooking more soups & stews and actually just the change. It is like a new beginning to me.
Found this picture I think it is beautiful 
Some day I will live where it looks similar to this.
 Today being September first I realized that it is the start of apple season so I decided what could be better than starting off  the month with homemade applesauce.
So I pulled out the apples, washed, peeled and cut them  up
Put them in the small crock pot and added some peaches (forgot to take pictures of those)
added in some clove, sugar, salt, water and turned them on to cook.
I think these are going to be so yummy. 
Next week I will try a different fruit with them.
 Hugs, Bobbi Jo 

No comments: