Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hairy Birthday Girl

A hairy Birthday Girl 
11 years ago today my sweet Australian Shepard/ Boarder Collie, Nellie was born. 
She was rescued just shortly before she was to be put down by my sister in love Renee. 
She was taken through obedience school. She was not found of men and was kind of cranky with them.
My brother and sister in love needed to get rid of one of their dogs. I was looking for a dog for myself so I thought okay I will go over and see which one I wanted.  I had initially planned on taking the other dog a Border Collie named Daisy but she didn't want anything to do with me. Nellie came over by me and laid down next to me and it was love at first non growling. 
It took her almost 2 weeks before she wouldn't growl at Alan for coming near me. 
She has been calmed down by the kids but she still has a feisty side to her. 

She is my faithful friend, she follows me everywhere I go around the house throughout the day and night.
She is a bit spoiled. She is the dog queen of the house .
This is Nellie. She doesn't like having her picture taken. 
Notice how she won't look at the camera. 
 Ahhh caught her! 
Nellie is one of the best dogs I have ever had. She is well trained and such a sweet girl.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

No comments: