Monday, June 27, 2011

Garden






This years spring summer garden is doing really well I am pleased to say. I think my Father in Love would be happy with what we have done.
We currently have basil, chives, cantaloupe, watermelon, peppers (green & red), cucumbers, crookneck squash, zucchini and onions growing. The squash is producing so I am getting about 1 a day off of each plant. This happens to be one of my favorite veggies.
There is another planter box that I didn't take a picture of. We are hoping to put in a few more for the winter garden planting. Super Excited about growing my own veggies for my juice every morning.
 This is a cantaloupe. There are many more on the vines.
 This is the start of loufa plants. I had a friend of mine, Rhonda of Down To Earth, lives in Australia. She sent me seeds over 5 years ago.We were living in Pinetop and the climate wasn't hot enough. So I finally got my seeds out and planted them a little over a week ago. This was a picture from last Thursday and they have grown even more since. I am wanting to make homemade soap to give with a homegrown loufa sponge for Christmas to some people and have some of course on hand for the family. 
 This is a watermelon. I spotted this little guy and then found many more hiding under the vines. Yummy can't wait for home grown watermelon, watermelon pops cycles, and water melon in juice. 
I am so thankful for what I had learned from my Father in Love about the gardening. It is a major learning and experimenting fun time. I also have a wonderful person at A&P Nursery that has been so helpful in this adventure of becoming more self-sufficient. 
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your garden is looking really good. And the watermelon is so tiny and cute!