Monday, June 27, 2011

Doing My Part~Juice~Raw Food

So I along with the rest of the world am trying to cut back on the spending and keeping things cleaner. I went to my Wal-Mart and bought lingerie bags for .97 cents. I bought about 8 of them. I take them to the store with me to buy my produce that you normally stick in a plastic bag that tends to end up ripping before you even get out of the store. These things are great! Plus you aren't just throwing them away when you get home. I fold them and keep them in the back of my van with my reusable shopping bags. 
These are my beets and carrots. You can just keep these right in the fridge too. 

 The next thing I decided to do is since I have a compost bin I bot a little what they call a "Retro Garbage can" at Cost Plus World Market. It sits right on my counter top for my veggie & fruit waste to go into. Then every other day I take it out and empty it. Plus it is so darn cute! 
 This is the waste inside the little can. Super convenient!
 This is the juice part of the title. My juicer, my friend! I love this thing. True it is not a Vita-Mix but it has some motor behind it for it to work everyday for me.
 This is the Raw Food part of the title. I started on the 6TH of June with the mostly Raw Food eating. I don't want to call it a diet due to it isn't a diet it is a change of eating habits. This has been my breakfast every morning since then. It is called the Great Eliminator. It is 1 cucumber, 1 beet, 10 carrots and 2 apples. I add the apples due to I couldn't handle the bitterness without. 
 This is the juice once it is done. I think it is very pretty! It holds me over for a good while, much better than oatmeal or cereal. 
I have been doing a lot of research on all the above mentioned. I hope to continue to add more to my list that will not only benefit me but our budget, families health and nutrition.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

No comments: