Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Last 4 Days Doings (LONG)




Wow the days have gone by fast! Friday night the girls had their own little Camp Rock party in the living room. They had dinner, snacks and got to sleep in there. Elyse went to friends for a Camp Rock Party, Dallas was still on the Trek and Alan and I did a date night.
Saturday Dallas got home from the Pioneer Trek in our stake. He said he had a great time and had a wonderful spiritual experience. The place they went to was up past Forest Lakes. There were 22 handcarts. There were 12 of the couples who were to be Ma’s and Pa’s dropped out. They should have called me I would have been there in a heartbeat. Anyway I guess there is a major steep hill that they are to help the other families up with their handcarts, Dallas was so proud of himself he helped with 19 of them. He would strap the rope around his chest and pull them up the hill. He ended up with blisters and sore feet but said it was worth it. He told me he had never cried so much in the past 5 years it really touched his heart.
The second picture of Faith and Gabby is on Saturday night. I tried to catch them before they got changed and took a shower but I was too late. They looked so cute. Alan took the girls out for a date night. They went for pizza, then to Build a Bear Workshop were they became the proud mammas of the two critters in the picture. Faiths is a dog named Sniffy and Gabbys is a bear named Sarah. They love them so much. Then Alan took them to see Kung Fu Panda. Then out for some ice-cream before heading home. They had a good time.
Sunday we went to church. After being spiritually filled we came home. Ate dinner and had FHE, Faith taught the lesson and we played a game. Alan and Dallas watched a movie “The Road to Zarrahemla” (SP?) I read a book and the girls played and watched TV.
Monday the kiddos and I ran errands. We had a good day hanging out. We were gone a good part of the day and everyone was tired by the time we got home. I finally got my compost can done and started filling it. I am getting so excited to get the beds ready for fall planting the compost should be ready by then. I will have more to add to the compost tonight our sweet neighbor brought over 12 ears of fresh picked corn and some Granny Smith apples yesterday. YUMMY! The corn is in the menu for tonight.
Today I plan on working on some much needed scrap-booking pages and starting to teach myself how to knit again. I knew how to and I completely forgot from not doing it in so long. I want to make some dish clothes. If the mood is still in me I might start some sewing for Christmas projects I am planning for gifts.
Hope you all have a great day. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did I miss out on another stuffed animal meeting????