Tuesday, May 27, 2008

1st Official Day




Happy belated Memorial Day! Thank you, to all those who have served, or are serving in the military .We need to thank them when we see them to let them know we do support them and appreciate them for putting their lives on the line for us. We live in a great country and so many times we take advantage of all that we do have. We had a cook out yesterday but ate inside due to our backyard being worked on.
Being the first day of summer for the girls has been very laid back. I want to keep it somewhat easy going with structure. This morning Dallas missed the bus so I had to take him. E’lyse watched the girls while I took him to school then to run some errands. I had to go to Michael’s I had 2- 50% off coupons that were burning holes in my purse. (He he) I got a great punch for edging and 2 die cuts for my Sizzix, with my other coupon I got a great 8 piece embossing plate set with holiday themes. Can you say FUN? The pictures of the girls are during the 20 min. quiet reading time. Faith is reading the Little House on the Prairie Series of mine; Gabby was reading a stack of short books. The last picture is a page I did while they were reading today.
Tomorrow we are starting our Hump-Day Scrappin’. My friend Melanie, her daughter Taylor, E’lyse, Faith, Gabby and myself will be doing at least a page a week. I have made out a schedule for these. The page will have a certain theme each week. For instance this week we are starting our summer scrapbook. We have 2 pages to do. The first one is Summer time. The quote says,” It is peaceful and serene in the summertime.” by Sara Ross. This will be used on their page. They picked out a paper that reminded them of summer. They were told to pick a bright summery looking paper. The requirements are to use Rick-rack of some sort on the page, a large cut out shape, and place an item or picture of what you Love about the summer time.
Now they might not have the pictures yet but they will be able to take them this week and use them.
The second page is Fashion. This will be a fun one.
Melanie and I took the girls on Saturday to pick out their books; they got the back ground pages for this week up to the first week of July following the themes I told them. This was so much fun for them. I think I have created scrap-booking monsters.
I will share pictures with you as they develop! LOL
Have a great Tuesday evening. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Oh looks like you guys will be having fun! I love the page you did that baby is so cute!

Kyle said...

oops dangit, Its Coco, but Kyles thing was logged on.. arrggg! Sorry