Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Garden

My garden at this time is not huge. We have another raised bed that we will be getting ready for the fall but for now I just wanted to share with you some pictures of my garden. 
These are my 3 tomato plants. They aren't put directly in the garden bed this year I am trying an experiment that my friendly garden guy at A & P Nursery told me about. So far so good.  
 This is my artichoke plant. I have never grown one before. When I transplanted it I thought it wasn't going to make it.  
This is before: 

And this is now: 
 Now the raised planter bed we have Swiss chard, stevia, going into the next area is English cucumber, cantaloupe 

 Green peppers, pumpkins, Japanese pumpkins (Kabocha), loofah (seeds from a blogger friend in Australia)
 Next area Sun flower, pumpkins, spaghetti squash, summer squash 
 This is my little garden. 
I have been watering the garden by hand each day but since we are going away and I have put much love and care into my garden I didn't want it to die. It is so hot that it doesn't take long for plants to croak in this heat. Alan hooked up a clock and the pvc piping and has the garden being watered for me now. SWEET! 
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

No comments: