Sunday, August 12, 2012

Teeth Whitening

I had seen on a blog and I don't remember what the name of it was sorry! The lady was looking for an alternative to whitening her teeth with out the high price of going to the dentist or the cost of the store bought strips that tend to have a bunch of chemicals that have a lot of side effects such as causing sensitive teeth.
She started using this activated charcoal. The Sprouts I went to didn't have the powder form so I just got the gel capsules. I would suggest getting the powder it would be way less messy.  
You use a toothbrush wet it well then put the powder on it just enough that it sticks to the bristles. 
WARNING :
Do not get this on your clothes! It will stain and if you get it on your counter tops or sinks rinse out right away. 
You then brush your teeth like you would normally do. It doesn't taste the greatest, kind of like eating dirt but not the worst thing I have tasted. Then you rinse A LOT until it is all out of your mouth. Then you take your regular tooth brush and brush your teeth with your tooth paste. Save the charcoal toothbrush for next week. It is suggest that you do this once a week. 
This is E'lyses teeth the before:
(I know the lighting for this was terrible and I apologize.)
This is the funnest part getting black teeth and lips
E'lyse after photo

Faith's before 
during he he
Faith's After  photot

Gabby's before 
During (she is such a dork) 
Gabby's after photo
While we were at it we invited Gabby's BFF to join in the whitening
What a true friend. 
I noticed the biggest difference in Gabby's teeth. We will continue to do this weekly.  
If you give it a try drop me a note and let me know how this worked out for you. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

No comments: