Saturday, September 24, 2011

Media Fast



I just wanted to let those who check in on my blog that I am going in for surgery on Monday the 26Th. I am having 2 surgeries performed, luckily the 2 doctors are able to tag team the surgeries so I only have to be put under once. I am having another hernia repair from a repair that was done in 2006 and a bladder lift done. I am not looking forward to this but, I will be happy to have it done.
Our church leaders have asked us to participate in a Media Fast. This will start on tomorrow morning and go through to October 3rd. This is where we will not watch TV, listen to music or use the computer (unless it is for our work). We are allowed to listen to uplifting music that brings the spirit into our heart and homes. Our Conference weekend is next week, this is where we get to hear uplifting, inspiring and important messages from our First Presidency and our loving Prophet Thomas S. Monson
I have decided to participate in this, other than checking on the family while I am in the hospital I will abstain from all that would distract me from being able to do this. I look at it as kind of a fast for my spirit.
We (in our church and family) have the choice to do this or not but I think it will be beneficial to me.
I will miss checking on you all but will be back on Monday, October 3rd. Please come back and see me then.
May you all be happy, healthy and safe. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Hope everything goes ok in the hospital for you and that you recover real quick :) will be thinking of you.

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Good to be a Queen said...

Sending Prayers and Hugs for a speedy recovery your way my Queen!!!

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Wishing you a speedy healing and prayers for a healthy recovery! Your blog is just so sweet! I love it!

Hugs, Cynthia

Anonymous said...

I completely understand about your fast.... Prayers for you while you are recovering!!
Love,
Marilyn